Friday, July 8, 2016

                                                               Sock Monkey



                                           https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0143ANC6G




I think this sock monkey is just adorable, my 3 year old named him Coco.   It is almost exactly like the one I had when I was little. He feels like he has been made out of socks, just like mine was,  very is soft and cuddly.  This sock monkey has longer limbs and a longer tails that can wiggle and shake making him fun to play with.

The reason I am giving this 3 stars out of 5 is becasue the yarn was not attached when he came delivered. Upon further inspection  I noticed that his eyes and the yarn on his head is also just glued on. I think it would be much better to have these items sewn on so they don't fall off and become a choking hazard. I am confident that my daughter would not put these in her mouth but I am sure some kid would.  I did take some red thread and reattach his yarn bow and did a few stitches to secure the yarn on his hat.  The eyes seem glued on well but if they do come off I would probably put different button eyes on that I could sew on.   With all that being said he sewn together very well. There is no rips or loose threads.  He is fully stuffed and my daughter really likes him.

I did receive this sock monkey for free in exchange for my unbiased and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment