Wednesday, October 12, 2016


Creative use for battery operated LED lights.




I found such an easy and safe way to decorate with pumpkins.  I bought some of those foam carvable pumpkins while they were on sale at Joann Fabrics (link Here).  It's not that I don't like real pumpkins, my porch is covered with them.  I wanted pumpkins for inside and ones I won't have to worry about drying out.  These pumpkins are hallow but I did have to cut a hole in the bottom to insert my battery operated lights (link Here).


I broke out my husbands cordless drill and started drilling random holes all over the pumpkin. When I was satisfied with all my holes I than took my utility knife and cut out a hole in the bottom of the pumpkin.  

I then inserted the  LED String Lights by LGXANTT into the  hole I made in the bottom of the pumpkin.  I like to use these LED micro lights becasue they are on a very flexible wire making the perfect for just about any craft. They run on 3 AA batteries so I don't have to worry about having to plug the lights in.  Plus the lights stay cool to the touch making them a safe choice. 

                                     https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L9OK79E



Then I just just flip the pumpkin over and set it anywhere.  I am making 2 more of pumpkins just like this one to have on my kitchen table for now and probably through Thanksgiving.   In my opinion I think the pumpkin came out great! 




Disclosure: I received the Micro LED String Lights for free. All opinions  and words are my own.  I am under no obligation to write a review or recommend this product.  The choice was purely my own and I received no additional compensation

No comments:

Post a Comment