Friday, October 7, 2016

Hostess gifts,  do you give them?

Maybe I am a little old school, I still believe in hand written Thank You notes and yes hostess gifts too.  I think when someone invite you to a get together or formal dinner party or even a Holiday event I always bring a hostess gift. My go to gift in the past has been a bottle of wine or craft beer but some people don't drink and I have been left feeling like a total bone head for not knowing.  So know I like to give something that the host or hostess can use even after the party.   I also like to give something that has a little me in it to.  All of friends know I am a crunchy parent/ person so my gifts are more on the natural side.  

For example a slate cheese platter, slate cheese labels, or slate chalk board.  All of these are so neat because they are made form nature and it is a great way to bring a little rustic nature inside.  I really like  Slate Cheese Board - Set of 2 - Serving Tray, 8.7 x 6.2 Inch - by Sweese .  This by it's self is a really cool gift because it is a set of 2 nature slate platters.  Both have protective pads on the bottom to protect whatever surface these are set on.  They can be written on with chalk to label cheese or write a saying to guests.  



The slate trays can not go in the dishwasher but they are very easy to wipe clean.  But perhaps your hostess already has a slate platter, another cool gift would be cheese markers.  I  like the 

Set of 4 - Slate Labels with Chalk - by Sweese. They come with in a set of four with a chalk pen included.  They are really neat and rustic looking.  They don't have to be used to label cheese, but pies and other desserts would look super cool with these in them too.  

                                             https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KZAGJWC


The reason I suggest these is becasue I have used this brand and these exact items actually.  I can say first hand that these are very nice. 

Of course there are many other wonderful hostess gifts out there.  But what ever you choose to give make sure it has a little bit of you in it too. 






Disclosure: I did purchase these two products at a discounted price.  All opinions and words are my own. I am under no obligation to write a review.and recommend these.  The choice was purely my own and I received no additional compensation


No comments:

Post a Comment