Thursday, October 27, 2016

    When was the last time you bought yourself something                                                   special?


I very rarely buy myself something special.  Sure I splurge every once in while on  Etsy or Amazon, but my splurge is some new natural lip gloss, or an add on item.  I think the last time I honestly splurged was when I bought myself some new fringe boots 3 years ago. So I think it was about time. I wanted to buy something that I normally wouldn't purchase for myself.  So ordered myself a silk and lace night gown! (link here)  Like the good kind of silk, 100% Mulberry silk, not the cheap look a like I can find at the local big box store.   
There is something pretty special about the words silk and lace.  I mean when I hear silk and lace I think of flowing light weight fabric that has a liquid look to it, I think of romance and soft touches. All these words can also be used to describe this beautiful night gown.  

When I first received my night gown in the mail I loved that it cam in a black gift box that even had a green twine ribbon around it.  I mean after all this was a gift myself!  My new silk night gown was beautifully displayed in the gift box.  I  took it out and I was immediately in love with feel.  The 100% Mulberry silk is so soft and supple and has a light shine to it.  The lace trim and accents are just as soft. No stiff itchy lace on this beautiful night gown. 


My new night gown is full length and fits oh so nicely. It has a tailored fit and flares out into a slight A line. There is lace trim around the bust and straps and the bottom, the low cut lace back is very nice look.  I feel like an old school Hollywood starlet strutting around in my house in it.  I love that after a long crazy day of being a Mom and wife I can slip into this night gown and feel like a women and not just a mom and a wife. 

I am so happy splurged on this night gown for myself.  I am also happy that the care for this isn't to high maintenance, I wash it in a garment bag on my washing machine on the delicate setting with my knits and sweaters. I lay it on my drying rack and it dries rather quickly. 

I think this would make a great gift for any women, especially one that wouldn't purchase this for themselves. I know this is a little pricey but I looked around and found this to be comparable to the $100+ price tags I found online and in stores. 

Here is a link to the night gown I purchased.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/

I received this product at a discount. All opinions  and words are my own.  I am under no obligation to write a review or recommend this product.  The choice was purely my own and I received no additional compensation

No comments:

Post a Comment