Sunday, October 9, 2016

            Do you use solar lights?  I do and why not?  They are the most efficient way to decorate. They are eco-friendly  and doesn't cost any electricity to light up!


                                    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L6WUPN2




I love solar lights for indoor and outside use. I think it is such and eco and wallet friendly way to decorate.  I mean come on being able to use the power of of the sun power something is so cool to me.  I have lots of wire solar lights in my backyard.  But the 6 sets that I have are just the copper wire and the lights, they get tangled very easily and the dang squirrels keep chewing through them.  The new set of solar lights I purchased have a clear coating to protect the wire and the lights. But best of all these do not tangle like the others, It is almost impossible to tangle these lights. 

I am using these for a Christmas wreath  that I am working on.  I have wrapped them around  a wire hoop.  The lights were very easy to handle when wrapping.  I am planing on adding some  gold shimmery fabric around the lights to make the  wreath glow from under the fabric.  

Because these are powered by the sun there is a solar panel that obviously needs to be in direct sunlight, but there is a wire that is over 2 feet long that leads to the solar panel, so I can have the panel sitting in a window.  

Another cool thing about this set of solar lights is that once I turn it on and choose either steady mode or flashing mode I don't have to worry about turning it on.  When it gets dark these light automatically come on and stay on until it is light out. So I really just set it up and forget about and just enjoy the lights. 

These would work very well for outside use in a flower garden all year round but also a very cost efficient way to decorate for Christmas too. 

This does come with a stake to attach the solar panel to for out door use. The head is adjustable so it is easy to angle it towards the sun. 

I highly recommend think about using solar for your next lighting project. 











I purchased this product at a discount, all opinons and words are my own.  I am under no obligation to write a review or recommend this product.  The choice was purely my own and I received no additional compensation

No comments:

Post a Comment